DC Current Clamp
Jamtech have developed a DC current clamp to aid remote battery monitoring.
- Monitors current up to +/- 100A
- Easy installation saves time
- Disconnecting battery leads not required
- Electrical isolation reduces hazards
- 6V to 28V supply
- Analogue output and ModBus version
- Electric vehicles
- Battery bank facilities
Why use a current clamp?
Traditionally monitoring DC battery current is achieved using a current shunt but the additional electrical terminations introduce unreliability and when retrofitted, assuming there is enough physical space, electrical health and safety issues need to be observed.
Jamtech are continuing to develop this product and look forward in bringing it to the market in the near future.